Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Bruce Zick Artistry


As a brief follow-up to the PPC's post of the Mighty Thor "Blood and Thunder" crossover event from 1993-94, have a look at some additional pages from artist Bruce Zick, whose résumé includes comics series and graphic novels for Dark Horse Comics as well as a 25-year background as a visual development artist for animation and live action television and film projects. While you'll likely find Zick's attention to detail in the samplings below to be remarkable, in terms of sheer scale his panels of Asgard and Olympus reminded me of Walt Simonson's run on the book, a look of magnitude and grandeur which has always suited the realms of the gods and their staunch, proud denizens.

To my knowledge, Mr. Zick's 1993 contribution to Mighty Thor comprised his only work for Marvel Comics.











6 comments:

Warren JB said...

"...some additional pages from artist Bruce Zick, whose résumé includes comics series and graphic novels for Dark Horse Comics as well as a 25-year background as a visual development artist for animation and live action television and film projects."

Haha! Well shut my mouth. Last time I was thinking of asking what else he'd done. I guess I just got schooled!

Justin said...

Agreed! That is some mighty fine work! I don't think I had ever heard of Zick.

bruce zick said...

Thanks for posting my artwork. I really appreciate your comments.
Bruce Zick

Comicsfan said...

My pleasure, sir. :)

bruce zick said...

Just came across your blog on my Thor art. Thanks, I really appreciate your comments. It was a lot of fun doing those issues.
Bruce Zick

bruce zick said...

OOps, sorry for the repitition.
Bruce